Welcome to Fairytale Reform!
Fairytale Reform, a soon-to-be 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was founded to help young women define their identities and worth within themselves, rather than through the many external factors influencing their generation.
We offer school programs, digital media, and events that teach middle and high school aged girls develop the life skills and relationship skills they need to live successful lives of passion, contribution, and purpose. We also connect them with role models and mentors to guide them in the process.
The mission of Fairytale Reform is to empower and equip young women with the relationship skills, life skills and mentorship needed to create lives they choose and overcome generational patterns of poverty, abuse, and status quo.
To mentor generations of young women who know their worth, live boldly, and positively impact their worlds.
Our Company Values
- Kindness (n)- The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. We are thoughtful and mindful to all who come our way. We give without expecting to receive and open our hearts to all who cross our paths.
- Integrity (n)- The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. By our definition, integrity is doing the right thing, even if it doesn’t always benefit you. As an ethical, socially conscious business, our bottom line will always be the result of our primary mission—to make have a lasting impact on our students and team members— never at its expense.
- Diversity (n)- Showing a great deal of variety; very different. We do not exclude based upon race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability; in fact, we seek to include participants and staff members from all backgrounds— we live in a magnificent, diverse world, and we are proud to demonstrate that in all we do.
- Sincerity (n)- the quality of being free from pretense, deceit or hypocrisy. We are consciously creating an environment where people feel loved and valued, just as they are. We teach this principle in our curriculum and live it across the board.
- Boldness (n)- the willingness to take risks and act inovatively; confidence or courage. We believe we are here on earth, at this time, for a reason—so we don’t play small. We don’t water things down. We dream big and find possibilities where others see problems.
- Quality (n)- the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something. There are a lot of summer camps out there, but our quality is what sets us apart. Everything from the research that supports our curriculum to the environment the participants are immersed in, is top of the line. We do not cut corners. We do this to show young women what is possible.
Be Your Own Spark
Spark [verb]: ignite; provide the stimulus for a dramatic plan or process. [noun]: a sense of liveliness or excitement.
We teach young women to be their primary source of inspiration and strength — to ignite their own spark.
SPARK is also an acronym for our curriculum that we incorporate into all our programs…
We believe in setting young women up for success from the inside-out and the outside-in. It’s essential that young women know the tangible life-skills to move towards a successful life, but it’s just as important for them to know they are worthy and capable of achieving what they set out to achieve. Our curriculum addresses both.
A Note from Fairytale Reform Founder
About eight years ago, I was walking through a neighborhood in my hometown and had a vision. In the vision, the energy was high, the music was loud, and the young women at this undefined event were dancing and laughing together like they’d been friends forever. The girls were from different schools and backgrounds, but they had a few things in common– their dreams, their new found friendships, and their super cute camp t shirts! I smiled at the idea and like many visions, put it on the back burner.
In the fall of 2018, the vision came back, this time with more clarity, direction and conviction. By then I had first hand experience with the pressures young women face in the modern world. In our fast paced, superficial culture, where everyone is telling you who to be and what to do in order to be loved, it’s difficult for girls to hear their own voice. It became my mission to help girls realize their worth and reach their potential.
Magazines tell our girls, “How to Make Him Yours”, social media tells them to make their lives look as glamorous as possible and culture at-large provides them with a one-size-fits-all path to success. They are taught so much about keeping up, but so little about loving themselves, healing from heartbreaks, and planning ahead for the life they want — not the life society and external circumstances had planned for them.
In order to change these limiting messages we need a new guidance system for girls to follow– one that puts them in the driver’s seat of their own lives with supportive passengers helping them navigate. Fairytale Reform is a step in this new direction. We are committed to helping this generation of young women, and the generations that follow, know they are loved, valuable, uniquely brilliant, and unstoppable.
This is a vision that will take much time and effort, but there is nothing more worthy of these valuable resources than our young women. Please join us in empowering our young women to love, lead, and change their worlds. In the words, of Madame Curie, “Here’s to strong women: may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them”.